UC President’s Faculty Research Fellowships in the Humanities, 2012-2013
On behalf of the UC Humanities Network,the UC Humanities Research Institute is pleased to announce the UC President’s Faculty Research Fellowships in the Humanities, 2012-2013
- Biess, Frank (History, UC San Diego): Fear and Democracy in Postwar Germany.
- Brozgal, Lia Nicole (UCLA): Representing October 17: Algeria, France and the Writing of History.
- Caldeira, Teresa (UC Berkeley): New Urban Practices and Configurations of Public Space in São Paulo.
- Field, Kendra Taira (History, UC Riverside): Growing Up with the Country.
- Finch, Aisha History, (UCLA): Insurgency Interrupted: Cuban Slaves and the Resistance Movements of 1843-1844.
- Kinoshita, Sharon (UC Santa Cruz): The Worlding of Marco Polo.
- Lee, Geoffrey (Philosophy, UC Berkeley): “Consciousness and the Passage of Time”.
- McLaughlin, Mairi (UC Berkeley): The Origins and Evolution of Journalistic French: From the First Periodical (1631) to the French Revolution (1789).
- Milburn, Colin (English and Science and Technology Studies, UC Davis): “Mondo Nano: Fun and Games in the World of Digital Matter”.
- Salzman, Michele (UC Riverside): The Falls of Rome: Responses to Crises, 270-604.
- Varzi, Roxanne (UC Irvine): The French Connection: Henri Corbin and Iran, Islam, Philosophy and Revolution.
- Wang, Yiman (Film and Media Studies, UC Santa Cruz): Too “Chinese” to play a “Chinese”: Anna May Wong, the Segregationist Era, and American Cinema.